Asian Roll Lettuce Wrap
This is a easy, wonderful, light yet filling meal with turkey or beef, rice and fresh veggies! Fun to eat! You will need at least 8 - (10 inch) bamboo skewers for cooking the meat."
Categories: Lunch, Snack, Appetizers, Dinner, High Protein, Dairy-Free, High Fiber Diet
Here's What You Need
- 16 large lettuce leaves
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
In a medium bowl, mix together ground turkey, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon minced garlic and 2 teaspoons ginger.
- Form into 16 meatballs and roll into ovals.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine rice with 2 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Preheat the grill or broiler.
- Arrange rice, lettuce leaves, carrots, scallions, radishes and red peppers onto a serving platter or place each into a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/3 cup water, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons garlic, 1 tablespoon ginger, and sugar.
- Divide into 4 small dipping bowls.
- Thread two meatballs onto each 10 inch skewer.
- Grill or broil for 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally to brown all sides.
- If broiling, line the broiler pan with aluminum foil and drain fat after 6 minutes.
- To eat, place a leaf of lettuce onto the palm of your hand, spoon on a little rice, then a meat roll, and a few of the vegetables.
- Roll up and dip in dipping sauce or spoon sauce over.
Servings: 4, Calories: 409, Fat: 11.1g, Cholesterol: 90mg, Sodium: 980mg, Carbohydrate: 50.8g, Protein: 26.8g