This pear is not to be served for dessert but rather as an elegant accompaniment for the Cornish game hens stuffed with Olive-Rice Stuffing on this site that contains blue cheese and walnuts. In this case, don't use the olives. Serve it as an accompaniment to any blue cheese dish, such as a blue cheese quiche. Easy and tasty! The lavender flowers are optional, but make for an attractive presentation.
Categories: Desserts, Snack, Appetizers, Low Calorie, Low Sodium, Dairy-Free, High Fiber Diet, Vegetarian
Here's What You Need
- dash ground ginger
- 4 Bosc pears
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lavender flowers (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Peel pears and scoop out bottom core.
- Cut a small slice from the bottom so pears will stand upright.
- Place in a shallow baking dish and set aside.
Melt butter in the microwave or a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Drizzle pears with melted butter and honey, and sprinkle with ground ginger (and lavender, if using).
- Cover with aluminum foil with the stems poking through foil.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, or until tender.
- Baste with released juices occasionally during baking, and again just before serving.
Servings: 4, Calories: 207, Fat: 9.3g, Cholesterol: 23mg, Sodium: 89mg, Carbohydrate: 33.9g, Protein: 0.8g